7.31.2008

Jack Warren Meyer

My grandpa died a little over a week ago. I went to the funeral, and I have to say it was one of the most encouraging funerals I've been to. If ever a man was loved, remembered, and respected it was my grandpa. His legacy in the Bee Keeping industry and in the home lives on strong. The business is in wonderful hands with Uncle Jack and JB. His legacy is growing, it seems, by the minute. Grandpa had 4 children, who collectively produced 24 grandchildren, who are all busy corralling the 50-some odd grandchildren...and half of us haven't even got started yet! =]

Here are some pictures of my time up in South Dakota last week. I think grandpa would have been very pleased and is proud of his contributions in this life.

2 comments:

honeybee said...

so many familiar pictures. The kids faces just keep changing. Alice

karen said...

I love this post on Grandpa Meyer. I would like to get some awesome photos from Janet one of these days and scan them and do a little montage of Grandpa Meyer.
Wish I could have gone to the funeral--kick up your heels at Garrett's wedding for us, will ya?