I put weeks of walking into getting her here as I had envisioned - through spontaneous labor - but when that didn't work opted for an induction. After putting a good 14.5 hours into that, including an hour of pushing, it became apparent that route wasn't going to work either. My doctor was so excellent about it all and really helped me feel great about my efforts, so I was very appreciative and have no regrets.
We were prepped for the operating room and, happily, not only was Mr. T by my side, but also my sister was also allowed in to take pictures. The baby was delivered and I was completely shocked when they called out the baby's weight - nine pounds eight ounces!! Unbelievable!!
The recovery has been going well. Mr. T has been wonderful. My parents and sister came to town to help us and have been a huge blessing and a fun group of cheerleaders to share the moment with. If you've been kept in the loop it is likely due to their efforts and we are so grateful! We appreciated all the well-wishes that came in via email, text, phone calls, and prayers and are grateful for everyone's excitement and patience!
We are looking forward to Mr. T's parents visiting next week and siblings visiting soon thereafter. It is such a blessing to bring Avery into such a loving family.
Here are some pictures of miss Avery (since I know she's the real highlight of this entry...and likely will be taking over the theme of the whole blog soon...LOL).
Enjoy!
| Here she is! |
| 9 lbs 8 oz |
| A little swollen, but so beautiful |
| Our first family photo |
| Mommy enjoying her first look |
| Our gorgeous girl |
10 comments:
She is beautiful! I am so happy for you! Enjoy every second and I hope I get to meet her this summer!
Oh my goodness! Can't believe her weight! She is so beautiful!! Congrats and goodluck with everything. We love you!
well, that weight clearly comes from Richard's genes!
congratulations, she's so adorable. when are you accepting visitors? :)
You had a BABY!!! She is awesome. Can't wait to hear more about her.
Also, can't believe you didn't fall over when you were pregnant!!
She is BEAUTIFUL! We are so happy for you! Love the name, too. :)
Congrats! I can't believe how CUTE she is! Welcome to the wonderful world of motherhood! Wishing you a speedy recovery...so glad you have so many visitors! Enjoy every minute of it!
Beautiful.
She is just perfect! Wow what a little princess you have. Relax and enjoy these moments from from heaven because they leave all to soon. Love you and can't wait to meet your sweet little girl! I love the name Avery
Oh Jilli, I just got the whole story from Logan. I can relate to an agonizing delivery but the pay out is so worth it! Avery is adorable. I am so happy for you and Richard. I look forward to more pictures!
Wow...you are really full of surprises! I can't believe you had such a huge baby...then again you have always tried to out do your siblings and I think this is one that you will always hold the record...at least I hope so for their sakes!!! Congratulations to you and Richard. I ran into his dad and sister whiten I was in AZ! Hope to meet (ummm) little Avery soon. Let me know when you will be in Tally.
Post a Comment