Mr. T now has three weeks of medical school under his belt. He's busy learning osteopathic manipulations, studying ginormous lecture packets, and DISS-ecting cadavers (who knew I'd been saying it incorrectly all these years) in anatomy.
Note--I never thought I'd actually use the word cadaver in a post. Hmmmm.
He's met some great people and even found a handful of fellow volleyball worshipers!
It has been wonderful to be here with Logan and Patrick. Such a comfort to have friends and advisers right down the street! It's crazy to think that we ended up here with them as Patrick finishes up school and Mr. T starts. It's a definite blessing in my life!
During the ceremony, one of the speakers said to remember that "the seeds you plant may be for shade trees you never sit beneath, but they benefit many others who come behind you." I think that paints a beautiful, realistic description of life.
Here's the video of Mr. T putting on his white coat and being pinned. Notice his perfectly lengthened sleeves!!
In other news I HAVE A JOB!
Hooray! I work for Keiser University in the Office of the Chancellor in Ft. Lauderdale. I'm really enjoying it so far. The office is full of fun personalities, and I really like my boss and my team.
I was very pleased to start so quickly after moving here. With Mr. T so busy, it is important I fill my time and feel like I'm contributing. So...YAY!
Last news...
Mr. T hit a milestone. We had a good laugh over it (observe below)! Can't wait until after medical school!
So life is coming together. Still living amongst a few boxes, but we're happy and thrilled to be getting started.
5 comments:
Congrats on all the big milestones! Glad to see you guys are doing well. And as a monkey-armed tall person I am UNBELIEVABLY impressed by the perfectly long sleeves! :)
Jill! You need to post pictures of your apartment!
Hi you guys!!!! Man seeing your blog makes me miss you guys. We haven't seen you guys inforever.Congrats on medical school and congrats on the job!!!! ..... COME TO ALASKA! :( we miss you guys and we can't afford to fly down... so wanna fly up :)
Hey Jilli -- do you think you could get the picture of you and Richard @ the white coat ceremony that she has on her blog? It would be great in the family calendar:)
Paula
I mean on Logan's blog
Post a Comment