12.04.2011

Catching up!


Merry Christmas from the Talbots in beautiful South Florida!


We’ve had a wonderful start to our holiday season and are soaking in the exceptional “Winter” here.  The weather has been fantastic and begs to be enjoyed, so we’ve been spending a lot of time outdoors lately (a feeling much increased when listening to carolers sing “Let it snow” and “I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas” on the radio). 

Mid-November we visited our friends in Ft. Myers and enjoyed the International sand castle festival.  It’s amazing what people can do with SAND!  There were many charming exhibits.  One was so powerful; it was titled “post-traumatic stress.”  The different faces of the sculpture really captured the angst behind PTSD and it made me thankful once again for the men and women who defend our nation both abroad in our military and at home as our peacekeepers and first responders.  It was a wonderful weekend!


abt 18 weeks

My parents visited for thanksgiving and we enjoyed a feast at the park with our friends.  The kids played and the adults visited and stuffed ourselves.  It was so pleasant and relaxing to have a few days away from work and school.


To continue the relaxation, we also enjoyed a weekend cruise to the Bahamas with my parents!  It was heaven.  We were so LAZY.  I felt so happy to see Mr. T relax and to have endless hours to chat with my family.  I must also admit that there is something SO wonderful about not lifting a finger to make the meals or clean them up.  The cruise was a bit brutal for the baby weight gain, but no worries…after being cut off from the 24-hour ice cream and fries I’m back on track.  Plus, I did make an effort to watch what I ate (“Yes I’d like 2 appetizers, 3 soups, 2 entrees, and a salad…with Light dressing please…I’m watching my figure here.  Yes, just roll me off the ship when we dock.  Thanks.”).

  

abt 20 weeks

November was a Pediatrics rotation for Mr. T.  Our supply of Batman stickers certainly increased.  It was a good rotation for him and I enjoyed (though not frequently enough!) the Jamaican restaurant nearby that made the BEST Jerk chicken…mmmmm (oh dear, is there a theme here?).  Mr. T has recently transitioned to Geriatrics—“Hospice by the Sea”—and is very appreciative of the wonderful staff who give him MUCH more flexibility than his other rotations and demonstrate such wonderful patient care.  It is interesting to hear his stories of patients passing while he is with them.  It’s a very special field and a good reminder of the important role of compassion in the medical profession.

On the baby front, we have wonderful news!  Sonographic evidence confirms we have a baby GIRL on the way!  This is excellent news because my mother and I had a very pink Black Friday prior to my Monday appointment (Mr. T thought my previous ultrasound looked like a girl and I’ve learned he’s pretty much always right).  :)  I’m starting to think of the term “tickled pink” in a new light.  Baby girl now has a darling start on her wardrobe and Mr. T and I even found the PERFECT stroller (though the stinkin’ adult-proof baby equipment caused me 3 broken nails and quite a bit of irritation).  We officially passed the half-way mark last week and are very excited to meet this little one.


We’ve started into the Christmas season and the holiday parties have begun.  It’s a wonderful time to focus on our Savior and the blessings in our lives.  We are so grateful for our wonderful family and friends and the support and love we feel from and for each of you.  We wish you a Happy Christmas and hope the spirit of the season brings you much joy.


For an inspiring start to your Christmas Season I'm sharing a link for a Christmas devotional taking place tonight at 8pm (Eastern).  It's a live stream.  Click here:  Christmas message.



Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Jill, I am so happy for you guys and your exciting (pink) news!!! Congratulations! You are going to be such an awesome & FUN mommy! So glad you and Richard are doing so well down there in South Florida!

Maren said...

Jillian, your baby bump is looking so cute!

Annette said...

Jill how wonderful to read your update! I'm glad Richard is enjoying his rotations. It will be fun to see what he chooses! I love your baby bump. What a cute pregnant woman you are! Soooo happy for you! Love you bunches!

Melissa said...

oh cute baby bump! I wish we lived closer! I can't believe you guys are going to be parents! Any names picked out yet?

cheyney webb said...

Jilli,
I am so excited for your baby GIRL news! You have the cutest baby bump ever. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your family.

much much love,
cheyney